In the next couple weeks I hope to create more family friendly recipes. My goal has always been to get the family back around the table for a good meal! I want to show you that it doesn’t have to take that much time or work to get your family to eat a meal together. For this week my family recipe is one I have made a lot…it’s very easy and it has a lot of flavor! Please enjoy this simple meal with your family!
- 1 ½ pound of chicken breast, 2-4 breasts
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 teaspoon Saucy's Seasoning (or any seasoning salt blend)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus some lemon zest
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, optional
- 1 pound bow tie noodles
- 4-5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- In a baking dish, lay out the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl combine, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Saucy’s Seasoning, lemon juice plus zest, and bread crumbs. Begin to evenly spread the cheese mixture over the chicken. Place in the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes uncovered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked with no pink in the middle.
- While the chicken is baking, bring approximately 6-8 cups of water to a boil in a medium stockpot. Once the water is boiling add in the noodles along with the salt. Cook the noodles until al dente. Drain water and set to the side.
- In the empty stockpot, on medium heat, add butter, garlic, and peas. Cook until peas are warm. Add the noodles to the stockpot and toss together.
- In a large serving plate or bowl, pour the noodle and peas out. Next place the chicken on top of the noodles and serve warm. You can add some fresh garlic bread to complete this family meal.
- Saucy Says: If peas are not your veggie of choice, replace for one of your choice.
Quick Tip: I used one frozen bag of Birdseye steamfresh garlic peas with mushrooms. It was easy plus it added a more garlic flavor to this dish. You can find this in the freezer section.