So the fall season is here…..whether you like it or not! That also means Halloween is fast approaching too! I had recently went to a baby shower where I tried these Amazing chocolate covered what looked like cake pops…….to my surprise they were Oreo pops! I don’t think anything could get better than this! When I asked the host for her recipe she gladly gave it over! Knowing me I had to change it a little to make it easier and better (in my opinion. Her’s were great too!). This recipe is so simple and easy…what we all like! The best part is you can use this recipe for any occasion and dress them up to fit your needs.
Now It’s time to enjoy! I bet you can’t have just one!
- 1 package of regular Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (vanilla works)
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- To decorate
- White sticks
- Food coloring 8 drops of yellow, 6 red = orange coloring
- In a food processor add the entire bag of Oreos. Pulse cookies until all crumbled. Add in cream cheese along with extract. Pulse again until it becomes thick.
- Begin to make small balls by taking spoonfuls of the Oreo mixture, and roll them between the palms of your hands. Set the balls on a tray. Once all the balls have been made place the sticks in the middle of each one and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- While the Oreo balls are in the freezer, begin to melt the chocolate. Add the white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time. Check and stir until completely melted. Stir in the food coloring of your choice also.
- Take the firm Oreo pops out of the freezer and begin to dip into the chocolate. Take off any excess chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Place in a cup and store in the freezer until you have finished decorating them all. The freezer will help the chocolate harden.
- After you have finished decorating, and the chocolate has hardened, these AMAZING Oreo pop are yours to eat.