I wanted to share with you guys my simple easy way of making shredded chicken. I have been doing this for years and the chicken comes out full of flavor. It’s nice to add to any soup, dip, main dish, or sandwich. I love topping my salads with this chicken or adding to a quesadilla. Double this recipe so you have chicken cooked for a week!! For those moms on the go this is perfect to make sunday and then use the chicken in a couple dinners during the week.
- 1- 1 ½ pound of chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water (add more if you want more broth)
- Place the carrots, celery, and onion in a food processor. Pulse vegetables until chopped. Add the vegetables to the bottom of a slow cooker. Lay the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the water to the slow cooker, place lid on and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- After chicken has been cooked and removed use a mesh strainer with a bowl under to pour the liquid and vegetables out. I like to store any extra chicken in a little broth to keep chicken moist.
- Shred chicken and eat how you wish!
- Use chicken for soups, sandwiches, enchiladas, dips or more!
Let me know what you think of this chicken!