The other day I was out having lunch with a friend. It was so nice catching up with her! She ordered the awful chicken salad wrap! It was COVERED in mayonnaise……so gross! I could barely watch her as she ate it. After watching her eat this disgusting wrap, I decided that I could make a WAY better and somewhat healthier version! This is a super easy recipe that will please any crowd!
- 3-4 cups rotisserie chicken , chopped
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium crisp apple, chopped
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juiced approximately 2-3 tablespoons
- ¼ – ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 4-6 bread buns or tortillas
- In a small frying pan, toast the pecans at a low heat. Check on them constantly to make sure they don’t burn. I also like to add a sprinkle of sugar to give them a sweet taste. After they have cooled chop them and add to chicken mixture.
- In a medium bowl mix together; chicken, celery, green onions, apple, lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Lastly add the grapes and give one more quick toss. Serve on bread buns, or tortillas with a side of chips.
- Saucy Says: This is great for any picnic or shower lunch. It’s very easy to make and serve! Enjoy!