Last week as I came back from vacation, I received a great package from OXO with a cherry pitter! I absolutely love my cherries but it’s a pain having to be careful not to bite on the pit. With my OXO Good Grips Cherry Pitter I will have that problem no more! I was so excited about this cherry pitter I made a cherry tart! Scroll down to check out my cherry tart recipe!
- 1 pound fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1 box vanilla wafers, 12 ounces
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soften
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind Crackers in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add butter brown sugar. Process until crumbs are evenly moistened. In a 9-inch diameter tart pan with a removable bottom, press crumb mixture firmly into bottom and up the sides.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on high speed for about 1 minute, until stiff peaks form. Fold in the whipped topping. Scoop mixture into tart crust and spread evenly.
- Arrange the sliced cherries how you wish, covering the cream cheese mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
To get your own cherry pitter check out http://www.oxo.com/p-466-cherry-olive-pitter.aspx
* I was not paid to post this recipe, however I was given the cherry pitter by oxo.